Sunday, October 25, 2009

Test Drive I

After driving around a little bit today, I have the following observations:
  1. It WORKS!!!
  2. 3m is not long enough range to give enough warning to do anything. I am looking into some 6.5m sensors with a wider range.
  3. We probably need bigger motor. The signal can get lost in the vibration of the car, especially at the outside edge of the range. 
  4. I'm not sure our test lumbar is going to allow us to differentiate between left-side and right-side inputs. We can certainly put 2 motors in there, but I don't know that the signal will be distinct because it is essentially all 1 foam piece that gets jiggled.
So, not a bad test run. I'm going to get on Sparkfun and see about ordering new parts.

1 comment:

J. Brad Harris said...

We need to split the support into two parts and connect them together with velcro or just attach them separately to the seat. Probably just taking the cover off of the foam, then cutting it in two (with about 1/4" removed) then putting it back in the cover will give us two zones.